24 February 2008

Bah, RAM. You (suck)

My laptop has been under the weather seriously this week and has hampered my output big time. I’ve now discovered that the problem is that my top RAM slot is faulty and whenever there’s memory in the top slot the laptop will not switch on. So for the moment I’m running my laptop at half speed, until we finish for easter when it will go back and have a new motherboard put in.

Despite that i have managed to get my dissertation finished this week along with all the technical jibber-jabber of of acknowledgments and the bibliography and other bits and bobs. just in the process of collecting images and deciding on the final presentation and it will be done.

After the horror week I managed to get to work on the waiter model I’m making for Café de Beignet. I’ve managed to make his hair as well as polish up his facial topography and in the first part of next week I’ll have his body finalised.

I am however lacking a new character for this week but with only General Monkey and ‘The Navy’ to complete now the end is in sight. Lets hope things go smoothly until Easter.


Above: first stages using duplicated curves to block out shape.
Above: Curves are lofted and manipulated to make the basic form of the hair
Below: Waiter model as it stands with fairly clean topography and combined into one mesh.

No comments: