19 February 2008

Term 2 Week Six, that’s not catchy…

A slightly later reflection than usual after switching my sights onto getting y dissertation finished over the weekend. But here’s the week that was week six in review.

Animation went out to our contributing animators this week to play with the rigs and get some generic walk and run cycles for the big group scenes so I’ve been giving lots of feedback guiding the artistes towards what we’re looking for. I had a few technical issues early on in the week but they were quickly eradicated, and I’ve been getting good feedback from those working with the rig. I’ll be posting some new animation soon just don’t want to overload the blog which is very tempting.

Lots of producer director work to do this weeks also what with keeping in contact and prepping the project folders, sorting out naming conventions and guidelines that goes with coordinating the number of artists we have animating. We’ve also been on the hunt for boxes and other materials to make the live action intro possible we’ve ‘sourced’ some wood for the ground plane which Caspar should go to work on making concrete pretty soon. I’ve been in contact with both Vinnie and Sjors this week (who has linked to us from his site which is great) asking for some MvsR style tape for the boxes, and after I attempted to draw the expressions for the characters myself I’ve asked Sjors to sketch some reference for me, collaboration is fun. Here’s what I have so far with expressions.



Keeping the trend moving forward I’ve also managed to make the ‘SjorBot’ based on his original designs from brickboy.com and is our new character for the week. My plan for next week is to get my dissertation finished as well as finally giving over the waiter model to Team Doughnut, watch this space.


Memory just in I also made the weapons for the army grunts this week and followed some tutorials to work out how to get illustrator files into Maya to create the intro logo, dear me I have been busy.



No comments: